Street Photography with Marvin Fernandez

Posted by Unknown on 11:58 AM with No comments
photo by Sherika Mae



Marvin Fernandez, a Web Developer and fellow SOCCSKSARGEN Bloggers has a passion for street photography. In an interview, he shares his fondness on street photography.
_________

IGUOI FILMS: When did you start in photography?

MARVIN: I started taking pictures around 2010. I’m using a compact digital camera that time.

IGUOI FILMS: What motivates or inspires you to go into photography?

MARVIN: National geographic pictures. 

IGUOI FILMS: Why street photography?

MARVIN: I just discovered street photography around 2012 when my friend showed me several examples. It’s love at first sight. Street photography is more challenging since you can’t control how things will move plus you’ll get a chance to know people, talk to them and eventually learn from them.

IGUOI FILMS: How do you educate yourself to take better pictures?

MARVIN: I joined the facebook group called “Usapang Kalye” where they critic your photographs and make sure you learn from your mistakes. I received so much ditching from the group which helped a lot. I love how they see each photograph and point out the strength and weaknesses inside the frame.

IGUOI FILMS: Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why?

MARVIN: click this link 
This is the first photo where I had the best luck ever.

IGUOI FILMS: Whose work has influenced you most?

MARVIN: Alex Webb, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Gary Winogrand, Bruce Gilden

IGUOI FILMS: Can you identify a unifying theme or recurring thread running throughout your photographs?

MARVIN: I still don’t know. I am still in the process of learning the core of street photography. I still need to define it myself. It’s not easy but I know I’ll get there

IGUOI FILMS: What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?

MARVIN: That I should have known street photography before

IGUOI FILMS: What kind of gear do you use?

Camera body – Canon 550D, Fuji x100s, Zenit 12XP Analog camera
Lens – Canon EFS 18-55mm, Canon EF 50mm, Fujinon 23mm 2.0, Photax 35mm
Tripod - Manfrotto
Filters – Hoya ND4
Flash - none
Camera bag – ordinary bag


IGUOI FILMS: Which is your favorite lens? Why? 

MARVIN: All. They function differently in different situations

IGUOI FILMS: When you go in one of your travels, what all you take with you? Why? 

MARVIN: The Fuji x100s, lightweight and compact. It does the job.

IGUOI FILMS: Among the gadgets that you own, is there something that you wish you hadn’t bought? Why? 

MARVIN: Nothing. I bought a gear for specific purpose and not just because of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)

IGUOI FILMS: What is your favorite camera?

MARVIN: Fuji x100s

IGUOI FILMS: What’s your dream project?

MARVIN: Documenting a gang culture





to check his other works you may go to
Categories: , ,